View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Trade ideas...lets see what we can come up with

[ QUOTE ]
Barron-

Here is an example of the types of emails I recieve from my friends on a daily basis........and get 5-10 like this daily. It's a great resource, but still one as to guess our the floor traders are thinking and sometimes you think you can make easy money only to have a big fat L(loss) hit your recordkeeping.

Here is the email..........

15 day forcast for central and southern Illinois - 97-97-98-99-93-90-92-97-94-94-90-89-89-94! Chances of Precipition during period - Zip. I know some are saying the corn is made, I don't think so...at least not some of the top end yields that some are predicting.The bean crop is really going to take it on the chin, at least around here...we're at critical flowering - pod set.....Double crop soybeans here will be virtually crap if this forcast holds up...My question...will the stress on beans get us started on another march toward 9+....or is the illusion of the monster corn crop going to hold the market in check until combines start rolling and actual yields start flowing in...I know there's a big corn crop out there, although HOW big is still up in the air as far as I see it...but this is some serious heat setting in...and we seem to get the wind with it...our pastures are toast...most are feeding some supplemental hay already and we don't have all that much of it to spare for summer feeding...

[/ QUOTE ]

well i don't necessarily compeltely understand everything in that email, but i do get enough to want to not have to read that every day.

seems like a lot of fluff and speculation based on highly variable expectations (temperatures, yields etc.)

do you get emails saying the opposite (behold the vastness of this years crop!! yay the tide of corn to hitthe market shall bequeth 7 good years on this country)?

Barron