View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: **Atlanta Braves offseason thread

OK Vyse,

You seriously need me to explain? OK. You come on a SPORTS DISCUSSION BOARD, where we are just shooting the [censored] and speculating about our favorite teams, and promptly call the fans "uninformed", "stupid", etc. without backing up why. To add to the trollishness you than speculate that the Braves might take Andruw back, which is a much more remote possibility after we told him to walk than all the things said prior combined. You than proceed to defend your douchiness by saying some crap about rewarding people when they are right, and punishing when wrong (apparently because the opinion doesn't match your own), and calling perfectly reasonable statements "laughable, indefensible", and to top it off go on to admitting to being a dick. I am simply restating what you typed. Does that sum it up?

On other points, you admittedly establish that you think it is a complete joke that Anderson open the season as starter when it is instead a very real possibility (see link...you can also find many more if need be). Perhaps you would understand part of the reasoning if you looked beyond his minor league stats but at his limited mlb time.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...e?statsId=8105
While this obviously doesn't make him an all-star, he may also not be the complete scrub that you make him out to be. Frank Wren and the Braves scouting department obviously believe that he can be a player. You do not, and go on to say that even if he does become a starter, "you get no credit for even remotely assuming / guessing / predicting that would happen because it's a stupid prediction". Get credit???? I don't want him to be our starter, and hope that he isn't. Secondly, I never did predict that he would start. All I said is that it is a real possibility which you so abruptly dismissed because again Braves GM Vyse thinks it is "stupid".

Chipper Jones:
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...m-john-smoltz/
First, my memory is more accurate than your facts. Second, I am guessing Chipper and the the training staff may not know his injuries that well if John Smoltz is proven 100% correct. Then again though, you're right, Smoltz is always talking [censored] about teammates and should probably be ignored.
Third, if Chipper is selfish it certainly does matter if it gets in the way of his bat being in the lineup.

Thanks for playing

By the way, if you are compelled to call out and "punish" others on false assumptions, there is NO chance Francouer goes to CF. That possibility was shot down weeks ago.