Thread: AC in America
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: AC in America

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Certainly the "movement" is extremely small and will only grow. As you guys said, 98%+ of people think "anarchy = chaos/Hell".

I think there is definitely some relationship with atheism. I'd be willing to bet that ACists are disproportionately atheists, and also the other way around a little bit, although most atheists are of course still in the high 90%'s regarding fear of anarchy. The relationship probably stems from intelligence, free thinking and anti-establishment leanings.

I'm an anarchist but not necessarily a full anarcho-capitalist. I have problems with some aspects of how people say AC would work (one major example I can think of is something that was said here a while back about vaccines and how people who caught a disease from an unvaccinated person could then sue that person, which is [censored] retarded). I'm very anti-organized religion, but not quite atheist. I am currently reading Dawkins's "The God Delusion" to see if this can be remedied.

[/ QUOTE ]

ACists cannot be atheists. They believe religously in the omnipotence of the free market, as zealously as catholics do in the old man in the sky. There is evidence that their faith is unfounded, while you can't prove there is no god, yet they cling to their faith.

Different god, same fallacies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm an ACist and I don't believe that the market is omnipotent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're not devout.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you retract your previous statement?