View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: .50/1 AK unimproved in position against TAG, turn and river play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cant see a worse hand calling and I cant see a better hand folding the river (so river bet is reaaaly bad). The rest seems expert, but I think you can bet the turn (for value).

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn bet, river check. That is the standard play and there is no reason to deviate here against a TAG that has AK-AJ, and KQ making up a large portion of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the turn and checking the river would be standard against a loose-passive who might have six live outs against you and who won't play back with a marginal holding.

Against an aggressive player (especially LAGs but TAGs too), checking behind on the turn really ought to be your default line, with an occasional turn bet thrown in against a regular opponent for variation purposes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the type of villain that is normally going to play back at us. In fact, post flop this player isn't all that aggressive. The majority of the time they are just peeling once with overcards here. If this villain check/raises the turn it is rarely to make a play on us, and much more likely to be a made hand.