Old 06-07-2006, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Three Years in Las Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as I was under the impression you are a top-notch limit player,

[/ QUOTE ]

Your impression has changed?

I see a big part of his bad run was losing a good portion of his roll due to non-poker related events. Even great players will be psychologically affected by that sudden turn of events. Not sure what that has to do with being a top notch limit player.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, his roll appears pretty low for a top-notch player, and at stakes where he can't make all that much $$$ live, which brings me to why is he playing live for a living when online is so much more profitable? I thought he was playing 40-80+ for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can imagine a few 'personal situations' that could cripple a BR. Again, this has nothing really to do with being a top-notch player. However, money-wise, it could be said that maybe some more advantageous opportunities weren't taken advantage of(online, as you mentioned. However, many players that started out as live players like live better than online even though they can still make more online. I'm one of them. Online compared to live is like watching paint dry). Or one may not play as often as one would think(one nice thing about playing higher limits is you don't have to grind as many hours to make the same amount on a lower limit table) I don't know. Who knows. But that has nothing to do with playing ability.

b