View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods floor gets it right. Thrice.

[ QUOTE ]
The floor should've given the table a warning. You included. Nobody forced you to 'get going' when confronted. And no one deserves a beatdown over a stupid cardgame.

[/ QUOTE ]
I see your point about the table warning. And I specifically could easily have gotten a warning - which would have been too bad, because aside from this one guy, the table was a lot of fun. I was especially lucky because this Floor and I had a discussion about Michael Vick a few weeks ago and he was not happy with my POV. So I give him extra props for being objective this time.

I "got going" because I have learned that the most effective way to deal with bullies is to confront them. If I had let what he was saying slide, then I would have felt uncomfortable at the table.

In retrospect, I agree with you that nobody deserves a beatdown because of a card game. I think I chose my words poorly. Maybe I should have said and "not unexpectedly" instead. Seat 3 was lucky he didn't run into somebody who had as little self conrol as he did.