View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Brian Townsend interviews Doyle Brunson

It's interesting how he admits that Chip Reese always owns him. I was reading Brunson's 'My 50 most memorable hands' at Borders today. There was one hand there vs Chip Reese. I don't think I remember the exact cards on the flop but i'm pretty sure there where no face cards. This was a hand from the early 70's.

It was something like Doyle opens A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and Reese calls behind.

(NL HE)
FLOP: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Doyle checks, Chip Checks.

TURN: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Doyle Checks, Chip bets, Doyle check/raises, Chip calls.

RIVER: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Doyle shoves a significant amount and Chip calls with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

After Doyle sees the hand Chip tells him that he put Doyle on a busted flush. A few hands go by and Doyle asks Chip what he would have done if the river was a diamond giving Chip a flush. And Chip replies "I would have folded."