View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Horrible Time Pot Rule at Commerce

[ QUOTE ]
My new question would be this: In order to get your time charge back, do you have to announce you are only playing until the blinds? Assume I have decided to do just that but do not announce it. Time pot is won when I'm UTG...under the current rule would I still be entitled to get my $12 refund? If you don't have to announce it to get the refund what would make anyone announce it? If I care enough to get that $12 I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut till after I've played the hand. Though I admittedly don't know how it works...if you get the refund for leaving period, or only if you've announced that you are playing till your blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your asking me what i think the rule should be...I would say that a player who wants to be able to get their time back should have to announce it before the first hand of the new down is dealt, it is this announcement that would make them them ineligible for the time pot. If a player did not announce it he would be eligible to participate in the time pot, but could not get a refund if he left. This way if a player wishes to particpate in the time pot he may, but he can't do it simply to get paid a free $12.

Its seems silly that anyone playing $20 $40 NL would care much about this $12, but apparently some do, or the OP wouldn't have posted. Presumably this rule applies at smaller games.