View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Did I angleshoot this guy?

Angle shooting? You mean like shoving with no hand and no draw? Angle shooting like that?

Look, everything a player does, doesn't do or tries to act as if they are doing (or not doing) is information for the other player to consider. You could just have easily sealed the call by your opponent, with your words, if he had thought to himself "This guy has said nothing up until now, hardly talks at all and just when I'm openly berating myself for even thinking about folding, suddenly now he throws me a life line? Are these the words/actions of someone who wants me to call or wants me to fold?"

Unethical and mean would have been to say "I've got you and I'll show" and then tossed your hand into the muck after he folded saying "I'm not sure where you learned to play, but where I come from, you have to pay to see them". Besides, you didn't even lie, you had him, by virtue of his fold and you showed, just like you promised to do! Just because you normally don't do it doesn't mean it's unethical or even out of line.

On the other hand, when your best friend admits to sleeping with your girlfriend, saying "Man, the way you love to get into people’s heads at the poker table I thought you would appreciate the guts it took to pull off such a deceptive play", try to be just as philosophical! Just kidding bro, you didn't do anything wrong and your buddy probably isn't either