View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another couple of things: Goetz had been mugged two times previous to the subway incident, and had to brandish his (illegally concealed) firearm another 2 times. It seems like the subway incident was the last straw, so he decided he was fed up and began popping off rounds. Maybe it's somewhat understandable in light of that, but I still think his verdict was really botched.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, try not to take this internet stuff too seriously. I tried saying that his instincts happened to be right.. I'm glad they were. I'm glad those low life's got rounds pumped into them, but I think you'd probably agree with me that its probably a good thing that most people don't handle themselves the way goetz did..

On the other hand, what if goetz just draws his weapon and restrains them? Those kids probably get off with no time, and he goes away to jail..

[/ QUOTE ]

How am taking it seriously? We're debating. Let's not forget you called him an "american hero". I'm just trying to debate the legality of his actions. fwiw, if the 4 were convicted felon low-lifes (though only one was a convicted felon) and they got killed, then I don't think it's much of a loss at all, but I'm trying to look at things in terms of what is lawful, not necessarily "right" or "desired".

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand, what if goetz just draws his weapon and restrains them? Those kids probably get off with no time, and he goes away to jail..

[/ QUOTE ]

What would he get jail time for? Illegally concealed weapon? Unlikely he'd do time for that considering his circumstances. They probably wouldn't get much time, but I dont really agree that that makes it lawful to grease them. Make no mistake about it, if someone breaks into my house and threatens me, or my mom, or my brother, I'd have no qualms with putting 7.62mm of burning hot lead right through their skull, but the Goetz situation is not as clear cut as that. Which is why it's a good topic to debate. I was trying to think of his name the other day, thanks for reminding me