View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Re: ATo in BB - simple flop question

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly cant remember the last time I saw a flop get checked through in a multiway pot online.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, then I'm check-raising 100%. If I'm just entering an online mid-stakes game for the first time in a year and it's my very first big blind hand, I'll bet/3-bet just to be sure (when it doubt, bet it out).

I don't play online anymore really, but when I did play mid-stakes full ring limit online a couple of years ago, I really couldn't remember the flop checking through multi-way then either.

Unfortunately, I think the mostly live players are drawing from their experiences playing with weak/passive opponents. And if they are good players, they will table select and find a table full of them, and then they'll be forced to bet their own hands. Unfortunately, you usually aren't as lucky online, and you'll have to adjust to opponents while still somewhat loose, are by and large aggressive.

This was my original complaint, but I admit that I expressed it horribly at first, and I tried to rectify and clarify what I meant. I hope I didn't offend anyone. If I did, I'm sorry. My intent was to say to the live players: "let the online players express their point of view", because I thought they would have a better perspective of the situation/landscape. Even I couldn't claim to give good accurate advice in online games.

I'm glad this thread has some progressive discussion. Live and online opponents play so differently that I almost think there should be two forums, one for online and one for live.

Garland