View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: *** Offcial Turning Stone SuperStacks Series ***

I'm busto 1st hand of level 4. Fantastic play by me today:

After folding virtually everything for the 1st hour+, we see hj & co (old guys) limp for 100 as does sb. I have J8d in BB, which looks like a monster, so I make it 600, figuring I can take it down w/ my image. 1st guy folds, co announces re-raise and makes it 2k straight.

Earlier, in level 1, I had seen the same guy raise to 400 (8x) w/ KK and then fold it on a Q95 flop after putting in 3600 chips. I had also seen him raise 6x and then table TT. So basically his overlimp can't be any sign of strength b/c he bets his hands hard pre & plays totally abc.

So as he re-raises, I also notice a difference in his posture from the KK hand earlier. He was staring a hole through me, which amongst amateurs is a pretty good tell of weakness. He had 6k behind, so I pushed him AI. He thought for 2 mins b4 calling w/ AQ!?!?!? Board comes down T74JK (aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, so close).

After the hand, he says the really baffling part: "I haven't seen you play a hand yet but I had a feeling if you re-raised me [all-in] you wouldn't have anything." Sigh.