View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Official Full Tilt Poker Response to Bot Thread

Sean - listen, I appreciate that FTP maintains a presence on this board instead of making an appearance to engage in glorified spamming without returning (a la Mike O'Useless), but you gave us precisely zero information with this post.

It reeks of corporate CYA-language, and was exactly the type of answer that posters in the long thread were dreading we would get. No one expects you to divulge your bot-detection techniques (in fact, I think i can speak for all of us when I say that we PREFER you keep them to yourself), but there were plenty of ways you could have expounded on this investigation in particular without compromising your future bot-security.
<font color="green">

If I may make one request, it's the following: you (at FTP) have access to every single HH played on your site. The most damning piece of evidence in this thread was the similarity of the many "sweatshopper's" stats which, although they may not be out-and-out bots, clearly (to EVERYONE) indicated some type of automation. Throughout the 1,000+ posts in the other thread, that was the one piece of evidence that no one -- and i mean NO ONE, not even NLnut's supporters -- could explain satisfactorily. We even had stat geeks post their detailed calculations showing how incredibly improbable attaining such uniformity, ESPECIALLY in post-flop actions, would be. I, for one, would be very grateful if you could tell me whether, looking at the unlimited HHs that you have access to and talking it over with the stat geeks on your end, could confirm for us -- and give reasons how -- individual players could possibly achieve that kind of uniformity. You don't have to give us any 'evidence' from THIS case in particular...I just want you, given your access to millions upon millions of HHs, to help this forum understand how those post-flop statistics could come about without some kind of automation. I think this is a fair and reasonable request, and one eminently within your powers.
</font>