View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: **FCS (formerly I-AA) Football Playoff Thread**

Go Dukes! I can't make the trip this weekend due to Thanksgiving and all (yeah...lame). But I'll be wearing my Purple & Gold anyway.

UNH getting in with 4 losses isn't unprecedented. Hell...not only did Montana State get in with 4 losses last year but they hosted a first round game (I think)! Besides, who else is more deserving? Villanova? They were also 7-4. There just weren't enough good 8-3 or better teams this year.

What is unprecedented is the Colonial getting 5 seeds. No conference has ever put 5 teams in the field of 16 before. Go CAA!

As much as it pains me to say this, but JMU at 8-3 probably didn't deserve to host in round 1 anyway. This is probably thinking in fantasy land, but: If we can get past App State and EWU can pull an upset @ McNeese we have a good shot at hosting in round 2. I think Bridgeforth has EWU's stadium beat by 5,000+ seats.

UNI is obviously the favorite. Montana is going to be tough, especially if EWU, ASU or JMU can knock off McNeese as the Grizzlies will have 3 home games.

Delaware/Delaware State looks interesting on the outside due to both teams never facing each other...but Delaware should win this one easily. MEAC teams just don't fair well in the playoffs.

Can't wait till the weekend.