View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Playing TPTK OOP

Lately I noticed, that I struggle a bit with playing TPTK OOP correctly. On draw heavy boards I fired PSB's on the flop and the turn in order to let ppl pay for their draws. But when I'm at the River, the pots got so big that I can't possible let my hand go.
Another lack of this play is when someone hits a set, he can easily call you down while you don't realize that your already drawing dead on the turn.
The other thing is, that when I bet the flop, and check the turn, this just looks like I made a standard cbet and ppl make a stab at the pot. If I then call this bet, the pot is too big again to let my hand go on the river.

If I continue betting the turn, but only like 1/2 sized pot for pot control, ppl play back at me very often as they see im kinda weak.

I started asking myself if the most profitable way to play TPTK OOP is perhaps to go for a check- raise on the flop in order to induce a bet by villain and perhaps get a free card on the turn as he fears to get check raised again. Only question is then how to proceed on the river if he fires a good PSB.

I know that this is really much read dependant but I would appreciate any comments on your play with TPTK OOP.