View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 05:39 AM

Default Re: flash8pro\'s Dell XP reinstall extended

[ QUOTE ]
wow...you still use fortran? cool.....I think lol [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't directly use fortran, but many of the libraries I use need those compilers. You'd be surprised how many researchers still use it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
You may not find a fortran package in yast, but certainly there's a generic package out there for fortran support either as an .rpm or a .tgz. I haven't looked but would be pretty surprised if they disappeared. I've never done any fortran nor had a use for it. What exact difficulties are you having/capabilities lacking?

[/ QUOTE ]That's the thing. I know the gcc package includes fortran compilers, but they seem to be absent in the 64bit distribution (which doesn't surprise me, fortran itself doesn't support more than 32 bit architecture without pg compilers). Every package I try to configure, it faults out after it fails to find the fortran compilers. And the ones that don't fault out on that, fault out during the make/make install.

One even asks me to define an environment variable that clearly sets itself in the makefile.

I'm confused, but I really think it's a deficiency in those compilers. And I can't find a 64bit binary distribution other than the AMD64 one which doesn't seem to work for the core 2 duo architecture.