View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

B,

1) I envisage that this will be the last post I make in this thread (unless someone misconstrues a post of mine in here)

2) I admire your passion for Ron Paul

3) Our disagreement over supporting groups by returning their money arises because we are looking at different scales of the transaction. I believe that you're looking at the situation after the candidate receives the money; I am looking at it in the broader context starting from the point of receiving their money in the first place.

I accept that your way is valid and different to mine. I obviously believe that my way is "more valid" (I don't have a good way to express that) because I am looking at it differently. Neither way, I think, is inherently wrong.

3) I obviously don't think there is inherently wrong with receiving the money in the first place - it's obviously not possible to even check a donation until after you've received it.

4) I don't believe that failing to return the money makes someone a white supremacist - obviously, one is only a white supremacist if one believes in white supremacy.

I think it is fair to say, however, (especially after reading the crap that the stormfront folk have written on their website) that <u>white supremacists</u> believe that Ron Paul is an unusually above average candidate for their cause. They may be wrong; If I was a candidate and a bunch of white supremacists endorsed me, I'd make very clear that I disagreed with their views on a variety of issues.

5) I don't have much knowledge of Ron Paul - I only know him marginally more than it relates to these donations. I have never professed to know much more about him (and I suspect that I'd probably agree with a small chunk of what he believes in, mostly as it relates to economic freedom, I think)

6) I didn't actually raise this topic in this thread - I was merely commenting on someone else's comment, and it sort of grew from there.

7) I suspect (hope?) that there is nothing that you strongly disagree with in this post.