View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: (razz) tourney questions

[ QUOTE ]
Q1 - When I get moderately short stacked, I don't play hands with an 8 showing in early position on 3rd with low cards left to act. If I am extremely shortstacked and I have a28 or 238 I might try and jam it though.

[/ QUOTE ]You know how I hate 8s, right? But I think not playing them because you are moderately shortstacked might be a mistake. You still have enough to do some damage, you surely have a good reputation at your table. Maybe this is all wrong but in a Razz trny I think when you start to get a little short, the last thing you want to do is tighten up.
[ QUOTE ]
Q2 -I jam with any three card 7 at this point. I guess it might depend on the ante:bb ratio - in a high ante game I am jamming for sure. A 3 card 7 will only come around once every 23 hands. The antes and bring-ins will eat you up

[/ QUOTE ] I'm curious about the source of the stat - from the Mike Caro statistics, it seems like you get a 7 or better every eleven hands. But you know how that is, you could get four in a row or none in an hour. I'd jam here, too.
[ QUOTE ]
Q4 - this one is a little more difficult. I think before you decide to complete your 8, you have to ask yourself, what will I do if gets 3 bet around to me. I think if I complete the 8 then I'm committing myself to see the hand through even though my equity might not justify it.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, and it might be time to just decide to live or die. But it really is that decision.