View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Who are you? Personal / Poker background

- 27 y/o
- Long distance relationship (girl living in bombay, india), not married, no kids
- Do not own a house
- Ph.D. student in computer science for past 2 years with 2 more to go. Working on virtual reality / computer vision.
- Have a master's degree in computer science (parallel computing, networks and operating systems), and some sort of 1-2 year associate degree in mathematics.
- I read a lot, about anything, both fiction and informative books. Lately been picking up digital photography; bought a $1000 lens, but no time to take pictures...

Poker:
Always played with friends in bars. Mostly stupid stuff like follow-the-wild-lady-to-the-baseball-stadium-matrix -- you figure it out, usually the poker with least wilds wins -- but also some limit hold'em. Started playing online 7card stud hi/lo SNGs, then 7card hi/lo cash games (my first poker book ever was Ray Zee's book), followed by full ring limit hold'em. Fifteen poker books and 2 years later I'm still a full ring nit, played that up to $5/10, moved to 6max $2/4, lost, moved back to full ring, won, moving back to 6max $1/2 now, breaking-even. I'll learn, eventually.