View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Investment Banking?

[ QUOTE ]
Go to all the ass kissing events in the fall. You'll probably have a hard time landing a job at a bulge bracket (although the Harvard stamp will help a lot) but you should be able to get a job as an investment banker at a middle market firm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thanks for your input. I think the part about having a hard time landing a job in a BB as opposed to other firms is pretty analogous to applying to colleges in a sense (i.e. it's true in general for pretty much everyone). Just a quick question though, as to what do you think is the biggest hurdle to getting hired at a BB in my case? This might be an inane question as I realize it depends on a large number of factors. My impression is that in most cases it would probably be getting your foot in the door for an interview since you'd have to write a killer resume and survive the GPA cutoff. I'm guessing it would be especially difficult for me with no background in economics? Then again, I've also heard that firms in general love people who demonstrate strong quantitative skills, which I think I have. Having math as a secondary concentration helps too I suppose. Thoughts?