View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: ***Official July Fantasy Baseball Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any thoughts on who will be getting the saves in Colorado for the next week or so?

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll probably try Hawkins or Julio because they have experiece in the role, but you do not want either of them on your roster because they are ticking ERA/WHIP time bombs.

In terms of skill, Manuel Corpas would be the best option. He may get a chance if Julio/Hawkins blow it and Fuentes doesn't get the job back. Another option would be Jeremy Affeldt. He has a minor league starter (which seems to translate well to closing in the majors) and has been a closer before. I'd pick them up in this order:

Corpas
Affeldt
Hawkins
Julio

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make sure to hold on to Fuentes if you have him, he'll be alright eventually.

Second, now that Kinsler is on the DL, I need to fill 2nd base, but I have no room on my roster with Brett Myers taking up the DL spot. I don't really like dropping anyone on my roster, and I'm 5 games up on the 2nd place team, so can I afford to just wait it out with no 2B? Yahoo 5x5 H2h 12-team league btw (and no one offers/accepts fair trades so that doesn't seem likely):

C- R. Martin
1B - Fielder
2B - Kinsler (now on DL)
3B - A.Ramirez
SS - Guillen
OF - C. Lee
OF- Holliday
OF - Rios
UTIL - Pierre
BN - Thome, Glaus

SPs - Hamels, Jered Weaver, Johan Santana, Oswalt, Schilling, Bonderman, Lincecum, Guthrie

RPs - Ray, C. Cordero, Myers (DL spot)