View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Moving a dog to a cold climate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How come my dog runs out into the alley immediately when I open the door when she has either 1. gotten in the garbage, eaten food off the counter or 2. had diarrhea and went in the house? She only does this if she has done one of the two things stated above. Shenanigans I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you speaking or acting angrily towards the dog? Dogs can sense your mood and pick up changes in tone of voice. Your dog is probably aware that you are upset with her, but does not realize that eating garbage or crapping on the rug is the cause of your ire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. What part of "immediately when I open the door" did I not make clear. O.K. One more time. The second the key is in the door and I open the door enough for her to squeeze her head through, she's booking it to the alley. Whether or not she's running for the alley is my way of knowing if she's done something wrong inside the house before I ever even turn on a light. If she's done nothing wrong she will stretch, wake up, wag tail, etc. If she's done something wrong she's literally forcing the door open once it's a crack open and running to the alley. I don't change moods until I see the damages and by that time she is already in the alley hiding out.