View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Every [censored] time

[ QUOTE ]
Leader, are you saying that WTSD converges much faster than AF?

I've always been under the impression, that WTSD was one of the stats, that took longest to converge.

[/ QUOTE ]
as for which converges faster, wtsd or AF, it's misleading to think that wtsd converges faster. for our purposes AF converges faster in the following sense:

over all villains, AF is usually somewhere between 0.5 and 2.5, an interval of 2.

over all villains, WTSD is usually somewhere between 30% and 45%, an interval of 15.

over 100 hands, the error in AF is roughly 0.4 or 1/5 of the interval in question.

over 100 hands, the error in WTSD is roughly 8% or 1/2 of the interval in question.

so after a 100 hands we will have a much better idea of how the villain compares with other villains in terms of AF than in terms of WTSD.

but i definitely agree that aggr. freq. is a better measure, as i talked about in my 100th post calculation. in fact this is precisely what my "adjusted AF" attempts to approximate from regular AF and WTSD as initial data. i did this calculation because nobody seemed to be using aggr. freq. and all people looked at was regular AF and WTSD.