View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: just lost 17 buyins to one guy at HU

Lacky,

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], that's brutal. If it would make you feel better to spend 3 hours beating up on me HU on your way to a championship, please let me know!

Suzzer,

The TT hand is just odd. I don't think your turn bet accomplishes much, I would check it through or bet more. River, I fold against villain as I remember him (been a while since I played much on stars).

The first 22 hand - obviously just fold the flop. It's just such a bad spot with all the draws and your hand that has little value. If you think he's getting out of line, I would pick better spots to play back - spots where the board isn't quite so wet and you stack up better versus his range. Even if he flopped an oesd or a flush draw with no pairs, he's still a favorite on that flop.

The second 22 hand - you played it fine. As others said, raising the flop has merit when he likes to stack off with overpairs. In fact, unless you know he's willing to fire a lot of 2nd barrels on a flop like this, raising the flop is probably the best play. Could do some quick math on what % of his range is overpairs and how often he spikes pair on the turn. Also, you should be bluff raising those flops some as well.

Karp,

The KK hand - get it in on the flop because you're OOP so the turn is a bitch, worse hands will call, draws, etc.

Dr J,

The broadway hand - what futuredoc said. Pot that flop and keep your foot on the gas.