View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Dolphins hire Cam Cameron (SD OC) as new head coach

Stop hijacking a good thread with stupid Tomlinson>Manning, Manning>Tomlinson crap.

I really wish they could've gotten Russ Grimm. Too bad he (and everyone else) thought he was a lock for the Steeler's job.

This will be interesting. We'll find out whether SD's offense was a product of a good OC or vice versa. Easy to make a case either way. But even if it's the former, he still may not be a great head coach.

[ QUOTE ]
anyone taking that job is just getting hired to be fired in 3-4 years anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I think Huizinga really wants a long-term coach, and he's willing to do what it takes to win from an owner's perspective. He hasn't done a great job hiring coaches so far. He inherited an over-the-hill Shula so that's not really his fault. He begged Jimmy Johnson to come out of retirement to fix things, but Johnson's heart was never really in it. Johnson recommended Wanstadt. Saban was the result of his first real coaching search. Hopefully Cameron will turn out to be a better fit.

One thing, he'll have some great assistants around him. They're doing everything they can to keep that group together: Capers, Houck, etc.

I don't think they're as far from being a good team as some seem to think if Dante can return to form (which I'm not sold on). Aside from that, Ronnie Brown is a decent back. They've got some young talent on defense despite all the attention paid to how old Thomas and Taylor are. Someone needs to finally realize Chambers is not a #1 receiver, and they need to fill holes in both o-line, d-line and secondary.