Thread: Crossfit FAQ
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Crossfit FAQ

So I'm talking to Smiley the other day about what to do after my current EDT mesocycle (I might do 2-3 months depending on how I feel. I am a little over half done with the intro phase. I'll see how long I like it... but I digress...) He suggests that I look at crossfit and do a couple of the WOD. I think Crossfit is mostly ghey, but whatev some of the stuff works and I can't really fault anyone who just wants to go into the gym and max hang cleans one day so I decide to look. I got lost looking for a gym in my area (Do they let you do your own workout at these places?) and was not really about to find just a generic breakdown of all their girly named workouts so that I could pick and choose a cycle to do... So I started reading the FAQ. I found a few really sweat gems in there that I think should be up for discussion. All the following are direct quotes:

1)9. Optimizing physical capacity requires training at unsustainable intensities.
10. The world's most successful athletes and coaches rely on exercise science the way deer hunters rely on the accordion." (NB: This was taken from 10 Observations by "Coach")

2)Here is a hierarchy of training for mass from greater to lesser efficacy:
1. Bodybuilding on steroids
2. CrossFitting on steroids
3. CrossFitting without steroids
4. Bodybuilding without steroids

3)Natural bodybuilders (the natural ones that are not on steroids) never approach the mass that our ahtletes do. They don't come close.

NB: I remembered why I don't like Crossfit. Pull-ups are the new all-body squat with leg drive, spasming, and then pulling up. Since obviously thats what we do in real life, climb walls. Not like I actually sit at a computer all day gambling on the internet and lift for looks and my ego which are inter-related.