View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: N9ne Steakhouse in Vegas.

[ QUOTE ]
I've eaten at pretty much every upper level place in Las Vegas, and for steak by far the best place I've eaten is Stripsteak at the Mandalay Bay.

I thought Aqua at the B was sub par, so I wouldn't have even tried Stripsteak because both are Micheal Mina restraunts.

That said, I ate there on Saturday, and it was the best meal I've ever had. The American Kobe End Cut Ribeye was unbelievable.

It can easily top $200 per person with wine, but it's worth it.

http://www.michaelmina.net/stripsteak/index.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Guess I'm not cut out for foo-foo food. I couldn't get an ordinary salad there. I asked if they couldn't just throw some lettuce and maybe a couple croutons on a plate. No. They tried to "plain" it down as much as they could, but it was still awful. The steak was good, but the steak sauce was bad. One steak, one nasty salad, one baked potato, and three diet Pepsi's were 94 bucks. That's right, they charge for soda refills. I can't remember the last time I was charged for soda refills in a real sitdown restaurant.

The only good thing about the place is the waitresses all look like strippers. I don't know if that's why they call it Stripsteak or not. All in tight, short black leather and lots of cleavage spilling out.