View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 06:32 AM

Default Re: Sunday mill: avg stack to busto in 3 hands, too aggressive?

Thanks for the comments guys, the only thing that really made me need 2 whiskeys before getting to sleep was the 88 push.

As for the A9s push/raise discussion, I was of course fully aware that raise3x=push in this situation, I knew that if anybody was playing the hand they were pushing not calling. So I was already planning to call a push. Maybe I'd have more FE with pushing but that almost eliminates the possibility of them calling with worse hands than A9, right? I mean the guy w AJ could maybe have pushed A8 or KQ too, but wouldn't call a push with those hands.

The 88 push is borderline i know, IMO it was a bad play because I didn't stop to think about that I was in such an early position. I only thought about beating the original raiser (a LAG) and I was pretty sure I had him beat.

Another thing, I am really not used to the structure in this tournament, and I wasn't really sure how aggressive I should be with a stack of 60k and those blinds, nearing the bubble. When I was playing I thought I was shortstacked, but afterwards I felt like I had a big enough stack to wait around for a better spot. The blinds were just about to invrease to 1800/3600+antes. (60k stack = M of about 8-9)

Again, thanks for taking the time to comment on these few hands.