View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Value in a river donk? 15/30

[ QUOTE ]
CHECK CALL HERE IS A VERY WEAK PLAY....IF YOU ARE A WEAK PLAYER THEN CHECK CALL....YOU ARE GIVING WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT TO PEOPLE NOT FIRING THIS RIVER, I CANT TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES OPP HAS MUCKED OR FOLDED TO THIS BET EVEN IN LIMIT....I DO HOWEVER AGREE THAT THE CHECK CALL WOULD BE PART OF YOUR ARSENAL HERE IN PL8 TO SHOW THAT YOU AREN'T CRAZY AND THAT YOU HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THE VILLIAN WHO YOU ARE SHOWING DOWN WITH SAYING HEY I HAVE IT WHEN I BET....SO I AM CHECKING THIS.....BUT IN LIMIT HERE FIRE RIVER ISNT READ DEPENDENT AT ALL WHEN ITS YOU AND VILLIAN IN SHOWDOWN I HAVE SEEN THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF HANDS AND BETTING THIS RIVER AND IF YOU GET RAISED CALL IS DEF +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to post a response to the OP, but I'll just write that I think pretty much the exact opposite of what this reply says. I guess I'm not baller enough to understand why inducing a bluff like Buzz suggested is "weak."

After raising that turn the button is folding here basically never, and even if he does it's because you are were scooping the sidepot anyway and you gained nothing by betting. Betting would have to be, like the title implies, for value when you think we have 3/4 of the sidepot.

I agree with Buzz that this is super player dependent, but overally I don't like our hand very much on this board. Is the button likely raising the turn with nothing but a low? Slowplaying a flush? Getting raised on this river would suck so much, but so would checking it through. I think my first instinct is to check hoping to induce a bluff, but I'd be open to reasonable arguments otherwise.