View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: To speak or not to speak, that is the question

[ QUOTE ]
As for whether it was in player C's best interests... It really doesn't matter. There's also player B to be concerned with. Letting player A raise when he didn't actually have that option impacts a third player in the hand. Perhaps B has a monster and he WANTS player C to stay in the hand (but he doesn't know the rule about what kinda raise reopens the wagering to player A). Letting A push here is potentially gonna push C out and impact B's ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bav,

You're crossed up here. It's obviously in B's interest for C to fold. B is AI, C called, A tries to reopen betting. C is protected here, not B. B can only triple up. His equity goes up when C is forced out. Regardless, point taken. In a three way situation, all players' interests should be protected.

My problem with not being the table rules nit when not in the hand is as follows: How can I complain about rules violation ABC when it affects me if I have watched it happen to other players 10 times in the last 3 hours? I have implicitly accepted that what is going on is OK. If I would object to a poker situation if it involved me I try to make it clear that the victim may allow the angle, but I will not tolerate it.