Thread: Free Showdown
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Free Showdown

i've noticed a bit of misunderstanding recently in regards to the free showdown play. thought i would give an example of when i made it in a recent session. this isn't the best example, but it should suffice.

online 5/10

i raise in the HJ with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], button coldcalls, sb folds, bb calls(32/14/2 over 2300 hands).

Flop(6.5sb): T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

bb checks, i bet, button folds, bb checkraises, i call.

Turn(5.25bb): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

bb bets, i raise...

a)i can fold to a 3bet
b)i might get a Ten to fold on occasion
c)i have an aggressive opponent that can bet a wide range of hands
d)the board is drawy

note if the turn was an 8 or J i would need to call the 3bet so i wouldn't raise. if the flop was rainbow and less connected it woudl narrow the range of holdings that bb would give action with. here, i'm charging the draw the max while ahead. an argument can be made against this particular opponent that i have alot of bluff equity against his range by only calling, and this is true. that is why this isn't the perfect example, but as i said hopefully it illustrates a point. comments or questions?