View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Re: Current Quarterback Controversies

[ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with this. You also have to count in how many quarterbacks have been ruined in Cleveland the fear of that also happening to Quinn. Examples, Couch and Frye. These guys have both developed what I like to call the "Sack Fear" largely in part to our lack of an O-line for the last 7 years. I was at the first game vs. Pittsburgh and it was disgusting watching Frye. Winslow and Edwards were running around with no coverage and Frye was so [censored] scared of the impending sack he couldn't even see them (which is why I completely supported the trade.)

[/ QUOTE ]

The line isn't the same at all right now. First game was bad, but Steinbeck missed all of preseason, Tucker was out and another guy (name escapes me at this point) missed two weeks. The game against New England wasn't great, but 3 sacks isn't terrible against that Defense, and only 1 sack in the other three games this year protection has been really solid. I wouldn't let fears of the offensive line keep Brady out of the game. DA has been... acceptable, he still makes to many bad decisions and doesn't have good accuracy. Its clear that Quinn is going to get the nod at some point, personally I'd like to see him against Miami, have the bye week to digest things then St Louis and Seattle before the Pittsburgh and Baltimore games.