View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Treasury Secretary Brings Political Pressure on Banks

There is bound to be extra interference, adjusting and meddling in the economy during the run up to a presidential election. Reasons are obvious so no need to harp on that.

On the general front I saw numbers of 3.9 % growth, the dollar hit a new low with its ongoing tug of war with the Euro, and oil is jumpy and exploring new territory at mid $90 a barrel. Things are going grandly. No reason for worry.

On the personal front, my pile of money in an energy fund is up 35% for the year so far, another money pile in a European “500” index fund is up 20% for the year and various international funds are all moving skyward at a steady pace that almost placates my greedy nature.

Wars are looming on the horizon as they always are and always will be, monotheism is still around and doing nicely, the new pope is very Catholic, the Italians are still making top-notch wine, Cuba churns out cigars, and Hillary is adding daily to her hoard of political money to buy the U.S. presidency. Relax exsub and have a beer, the ship is still afloat and manned by wise and prudent people.

-Zeno