View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Eliptical Question

I posted a while back with some questions on exercising. I've gone from drinking everyday, a fat belly, knees that gave out just walking across a parking lot, chronic back pain and daily pills for that, to fifty minutes on the eliptical, three to four times a week, weights a least three times a week, a smaller belly, no knee pain at all, almost no back pain and no more pills. I feel great and my wife is way into the new me as well, if you know what I mean. I've even gotten to the point where I wake up and do weights befor work, so that I can go to the Y after work and ride the eliptical. Normal stuff for most of the posters on this group I know, but pretty out of character for me.

Anyway, here is my question. Why do my toes and bottom of my feet feel like they are falling asleep at about 25 minutes on the eliptical? At first I thought it might be my shoes. The guy at Big 5 told me that there was no difference between the shoes they sell and the expensive ones at the running stores. Sounded like crap to me so I went to a running store and bought a $98.00 pair of Brooks on the advice of the sales rep. My toes still fell asleep.

The tingling goes away as soon as I get off the machine but it's really bumming me out. My goal is to hit an hour on hills plus at level 6 befor moving up in levels but this is starting to effect things.

Thanks for any replies and for all of the great info some of you put out there every day. I get most of my workout tips from a couple of guys at work and this site.