View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Does any street make sense?

Here's what was going through my head, you may disagree --

[ QUOTE ]

i think the flop play is bad because we're rarely ahead, and a raise will fold out utg's worse hands (like if he's cbetting pocket pairs queens and lower or something, which doesn't seem super likely).

[/ QUOTE ]

The c/r was kind of laggy, but with the wide range of UTG's possible hands, I felt I was ahead of most of them. But I'm not sure what the superior action is. Bet flop? Most likley outcome is 1 or 2 calls or a raise, and then I don't know what this means. C/c flop and then c/f turn?

I disagree that UTG couldn't have QQ/JJ/etc., because around here 90% of players c-bet the flop. I mean, he raised preflop, and the flop comes AKx, that's the perfect flop for him to bet everything!

[ QUOTE ]

i would either lead out the turn or check/3bet it (which might be bad if it gets capped and the river blanks off - i'm not sure). i guess i don't find coldcalling to be awful but if the river blanks off, how much action can we safely put in? it leaves us not knowing where we are in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didn't want to see the turn get capped, and by just cold-calling I can judge UTG's action. I also mentioned the potential extra BB this way too. My plan was to c/r/fold almost every river. But then the Ace popped...

[ QUOTE ]

on the river, we beat absolutely nothing (except 88), yet for some reason decide to lead out anyway? so i disagree with that play as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the river, we are only beat by an Ace, and this looks pretty unlikely for button based on turn play. Turn play the most likely hands for button are Kx, 88 and AK. River I plan to check-call, so I felt betting was superior because we might get a crying call from 88 and might (big stretch) get a K to fold. So we're basically free-rolling.

I'm basically representing some kind of Ace in this hand, maybe even A8.

I agree that every postflop action seems kind of backwards, that's why I posted this hand with my thoughts.