View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Does any street make sense?

brick - ?

i think his pf play is fine.

i think the flop play is bad because we're rarely ahead, and a raise will fold out utg's worse hands (like if he's cbetting pocket pairs queens and lower or something, which doesn't seem super likely). that same raise will get us owned by both players' better hands, but then we call anyway(?), i guess because the pot is large and some percentage of the time when we hit another K or maybe a Q we'll be good.

on the turn we hit one of our outs, but really only pull ahead of aq/aj. we're still crushed by aa/kk/ak/88 and at some point i would assume these other guys won't keep betting and raising without something approaching that level of strength, right? i would either lead out the turn or check/3bet it (which might be bad if it gets capped and the river blanks off - i'm not sure). i guess i don't find coldcalling to be awful but if the river blanks off, how much action can we safely put in? it leaves us not knowing where we are in the hand.

on the river, we beat absolutely nothing (except 88), yet for some reason decide to lead out anyway? so i disagree with that play as well. only aces full or better will raise us, and we don't give worse hands (again, this isn't very likely) the chance to make a desperation bet/bluff or something.