View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Personalities - Introvert or Extrovert?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Katy,

I'm both introverted and extroverted. How the hell did that happen, and yes, I think writing reveals personality, or at least some kinds of writing reveal personality. I might comment a bit more on this later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, how the hell did that happen Mr. Cole?! Please explain yourself.

So you think you can tell about a person's personality thru their forum writings? I know you can tell about their political views, movie tastes, arguing style and stuff. I also think you can tell who is "nice."

But can you tell if they are easy going, mature, sullen, jealous, etc? Can you tell if another poster is an introvert? I can't. I've thought about this for a long time. I really have no clue what the personality traits of various posters are. That's not to say I can't tell if they're nice or not. I think that I can but sometimes I even question this. I pretty much only know what their demeanor and sense of humor is like on a message board.

I guess I wonder if I have assigned personality traits to various posters because I'm projecting something onto them. For example, I have no clue what bisonbison is like in his real life but I can visualize what I think he might be like. I'm wondering if we can tell about people or if we've convinced ourselves we can tell because for some reason they remind us of someone we know [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I feel like I sound nuts now [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]