View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Charges Sought Against Rumsfeld Over Prison Abuse

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Germany was chosen for the court filing because German law provides "universal jurisdiction"

[/ QUOTE ]

In my house, I have just finished jman220's house's rules of civil procedure. In my house, I have jurisdiction over crimes that have occurred everywhere in the world, including other planets. I am now initiating a lawsuit, to be heard by judge jman220, in the court of jman220, against Neil Armstrong for the vandalism he did to the moon.

[/ QUOTE ]

at least we know now where from the idea of "universal jurisdiction" over other countries solving their domestic problems, defence issues, allies, leaderships, economy came out. what colour is your house jman220?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not arguing that Rumsfeld isn't possibly guilty of war crimes. I'm simply arguing that the forum for that grievance is certainly not Germany.

[/ QUOTE ]

party agree, because this might not be good for germany/USA relations. but still, it would be much better choice than a trial in the USA. domestic trials are always the worst choice in case of war crimes.
he should be put on international court which USA don't recognize. that's a shame, i believe int law should be above in cases of war crimes + it would make USA much more credible.

otherwise IMO the most important would be a message here. message not to him, but to administration and generals of any country. it should be very clear to any government and generals what torturing is and what shouldn't be allowed. and punishments for all severe.
no matter if he stays out or not, it's just one man, what's more important is there is a chance for much more regulated system, to give a straight message to generals and to open black box and talk about it as much as possible. and maybe, just maybe guantanamo would be closed someday too.