View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Do people actually buy ebooks?

I signed up for clickbank, and I gotta say that I'm not real impressed. I'd guess that ~90% of the stuff on there is a total ripoff. I'm sure there are a few good ones, but the majority are pretty bad. There are just tons of overpriced ebooks and digital products. For example, paying a monthly subscription service for online tv. I'm sure some people have paid for it, but there are 50 ways to get the same thing for free.

Another example, an ebook about dog training for $40. Would I buy this from a completely unknown author, or would I buy a similar book off of amazon that has good user reviews and sells for $14? Or, would I take advantage of the tons of free resources on the net?

Another question, why do internet marketers insist on using the same cheesy sales letter look for every single product?

I've never bought anything from a site that looks like that.

Another example, a french course for $50. Sounds good. But all I know about the author is that he's smart enough to make a sales letter website. And when I type "learn French" into google, the first 5 websites are free online courses. So would I take advantage of the free resources, buy the unknown course, or buy a course with a proven track record of success?

Or say I want to learn poker.Would I rather buy "sit and go pro", an ebook on a sales site by some unknown author for $99, or would I rather buy HOH, SS2,Theory of Poker, and a maybe a couple other books by established authors for the same price?

I'm not seeing a whole lot of earning potential being a digital product affiliate. Seems to me if you want to make money teaching french, you should create a free site and adsense it. If you want to teach poker you should make it a content site with affiliate links, ect.

Does anyone make any money selling this clickbank stuff?

Thanks.

-Scott