View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: huge manic rasies in microlimits

In your $1 SNGs with AQo and the action you stated there are two things you can do:

1: Raise and raise big. The problem with raising here is your raise is going to either be too small in relation to the stacks to force anyone to fold, so they call (and even if you hit a piece you're still vulnerable) or you're going to pick up the limps, which at this level (of blinds) aren't really worth much given the risk you take in getting called by 2+ opponents nearly everytime with a weak hand (AQo).

2. Fold. I vote for this move in the early stage of a $1 SNG. Most of the players at this level will be willing to call/push your raise with 2 live cards or better (typically will see a pair or AK if you get called). By folding this hand early, you dodge losing a lot of chips with a marginal hand (again, even if you connect with the board) in relation to what you'll likely win (You're looking for an opponent to have exactly AJ/AT and call off their stack when an Ace hits).

For a cash game (micro-stakes) I'll often make a pot-sized reraise preflop, usually taking down the limps/blinds or getting called by 1 opponent. I rarely ever make this play with AQ if there's already been a raise (though with a good read you can).

D_D