View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 12:32 PM

Default huge manic rasies in microlimits

I play most Pokerstars $1 + .20 sit-n-gos (1 to 5 tables), but a little .01/.02 cash as well. I'm fairly tight with my starting hands. What do I do with a good hand when thin-the-field raises DON'T thin anything

I should add that this often comes up very early, before I can have any reads.

Example: first hand of 45-player sit-n-go, I have AQo. I'm one off the button, with 3 limpers, and I raise it to 6bb. This starts an orgy of raising and reraising until it's 20 bb blinds to me with two opponents still in.

Later, I had AK, the same thing happened, and I folded again.

Against my AQ, the two hands that I folded to had T9o and QJo. The next time, three in with big raises, I folded again. Hands against me are garbage, garbage, and KK, and I don't know whether the KK guy might play with crap next tiome.

When I'm at a table like this, too early for any reads, what is the best strategy?

Should I just fold for a while until the maniacs bust out or calm down? Should I try to get every hand in as cheaply as possible until I see the flop? I can't believe that I should risk a large percentage of my stack on hand #1 with AQ during level one, even thought there's a good chance that I have the best hand.

Any advice would be appreciated.