Old 11-29-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: ***Official*** CNN/YouTube GOP debate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So should we create whole units of personnel that are only homosexuals? Is that the integration you are talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]
They should just remove don't ask don't tell. If someone joins up and they show up to a military event with a male partner or they talk about having relations with another man just get used to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You honestly think its just that simple?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, the gays who enter the military will be harassed and it will be a big issue and people will throw a hissy fit about everything. The military will be pissed about it and so will a lot of other people. A lot of gay people who are open will be take serious harassment and it won't be easy for anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you admit that there will be a high level of disruption, but you want to introduce that into military units (especially combat units)? How would deal with sort of disruption as a Unit Commanding Officer? For instance, do you allow openly gay military members use open showers for instance? If so, will you allow male and female service members to use open showers together as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
All of that I do not know how it would exactly work out. I only think that there would be an initial disruption...then the policy would be level itself out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats easy for you to say. But the CO has to make those decisions as soon as something like that is implemented. If you want to implement something radical, you ought to have some answers. I dont mean you personally necessary, but upper level policy makers who want to implement things like this.