View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Bryce is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
why did you choose videos of yourself playing instead of just reviewing your sessions in poker tracker, as a learning tool?

[/ QUOTE ]

The audio commentary was often important to get a perspective on my thought processes, particularly with 6 max play which I couldn't do a linear review on in PT.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, did you prefer FL to NL because there is more "information exchange?"

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest reason I ended up playing LHE over NL is that LHE is just what I started with. To be honest, I'm not that big a fan of 6-max LHE, but am even less of a fan of 6-max NL (3-4 handed for either is fine).

[ QUOTE ]
Have you heard of their bots and/or played against them? What are your thoughts on this research? Are you for it, against it, or neither?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aware of the research and have chatted with a guy from Poker Academy a bit. Poker research like this for academic purposes is great, of course (from an academic standpoint).

[ QUOTE ]
Bryce,
Can you please comment on which software tools you use to analyze hands? Did you write your own software or have somebody write stuff for you?

How long does it take you to "solve" a simple hand like: you have A3o in BB and call a good, agro 80-90% sb/bt opener and flop comes KQ8r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly a calculator [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] One thing I do a lot, though, is I use pokerstove to figure out how my opponent's range is weighted on a street and start from there. You can use the program to do things like find out how often your opponent has middle pair or better, for example, but you have to mess around with it a little. I'm currently working on a piece of software that will do a much better job of this.

Also, regarding the example, you're going to have to ask a way simpler question that that if you expect to get an answer [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] For example, I could tell you what the optimal distribution of betting and giving up to betting and re-raising as a re-bluff would be, but there are a million directions a hand can head in (and they compound) so you really do have to just take it in small bites.