View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Another \"Am I a D-bag\" thread

Since this is my 3rd "am i a D-bag" thread I'm assuming the answer is "yes" since I keep having to question these situations, but here goes anyway. Again, I will try to be impartial with my telling of the story and not just give the version that makes me look ok.

Backstory on me and this fellow is that a couple weeks ago he pulled an angle on a newb and I called him on it and he got really upset that I would question his integrity. It got dropped, and then tonight this situation occurred.

We are in a pot together. River comes a third heart giving me a flush. I go all in, he insta-calls. I flip over my cards. He uses the F bomb quite loudly saying "You F*er." I don't respond. I ask dealer to chop one of the redbirds, and I tip her 3 dollars. (Now, to give you guys some info on this game, tipping red-birds is pretty common after large pots, and I've even seen a black chip given as a tip, however my thing is I usually tip .1% of the pot rounded up to the nearest dollar, so this pot was 2K+, so that equals 3 dollars).

About 30 seconds later, he asks the dealer "How much did he tip you, a dollar?" She puts up 3 fingers indicating that I tipped her 3 dollars, and he give a "psssshhh" and rolls his eyes.

This is where I speak up. I say "Do you have a problem?" He responds "I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the dealer." I respond "yeah but you were talking about me. Do you have a problem with how I tip?" He responds "yeah, I do." I say very nastily "Who the hell do you think you are?" That's when floor is called over and that's pretty much the end of the situation.

The reason I ask is that a couple guys from the table who are buddies with this guy got in my face about starting with him. That's why I ask you guys, am I a D-bag?

Thanks for the replies

tl;dr. I win big pot, tip 3 dollars, villain makes fun of my tipping, I say "Who the hell do you think you are?" Am I a douche?