View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: A5s in blind battle.

[ QUOTE ]
balostar your 800 post thread can be summed up in 2:

POT CONTROL

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, I could care less about how old people are, unless they demonstrate a correlation between age and shallowness. In fact, I deliberately dress, look, act, etc. and hang out with people far younger than me because they have a vested interest in tearing the established stagnant boring crap down rather than reinforcing it.

Second, what I am elucidating is not pot control per se. Pot control is deployed in proportion to the level of uncertainty you have regarding your opponent's holding, especially it's strength in relation to your own.

The bands (two-sided risk boundaries) of reasonable expectation for hand scenarios I am theorizing are useful in avoiding being drawn into marginal situations where the error bands (std dev) of your perception of cEV are out-of-proportion to the the relative opp of the hand vs avg opp expected for your current M-bracket.

Exercising pot control does not preclude playing for very large pots. It's just your attempt to minimize the damage if you are wrong. If opponent has read that you believe you are marginally ahead he can still move stakes up significantly. Typically you realize too late that your perceived cEV was too high.