View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

Just got back from an hour-plus at my friend's house. Had a really good time. Definitely the kids are younger than I expected and thus many did require parental supervision. I remember going trick-or-treating until I was nearly in high school. It seems like the average age out there tonight was 5-6 years old. Maybe it's just not "cool" anymore?

Most at least wore costumes. One did not. My buddies wife asked him what he was, he said "a soccer player". She then asked the kid where his kneepads were and he had no answer for that. But most of them were wearing nice costumes and seemed into the spirit, most were really polite (I think it's pretty cool when they're all about the "please" and the "thank you" and the "happy halloween" and sometimes even sticking around to converse rather than having to hurry off to the next house). One little kid wearing a NASCAR outfit biffed in my buddy's driveway but he got up and gathered his candy and seemed to make it out of there OK.

Also, things were definitely thinning out at 8PM again. Man, we used to stay out much later than that. I also thought it was funny how many parents were boozing, generally either a glass of wine or a cocktail. One guy had a 40 oz in a paper bag. I would have taken some pics but I didn't want parents to freak out and think I'm a pederast or something. Spider Man was definitely the most popular costume.