View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Collusion ruling

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't consider enforcing the rules to be an angle.
If the tourney has a rule about explicit "check it down" collusion, then I think suggesting it should not only get the cheater's hand killed, but get him removed from the tournament with no refund.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I am of the opinion that this offense should be immediate disqualification. While other offenses may warrant a warning, I see no way in which a player can accidentally ask others to check it down, and I see no way that a player could possibly be acting in good faith when he does this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this because there are a lot of social players that don't know what they are doing is wrong. To people that have put thought into this stuff this is clearly cheating, but a lot of players have put no thought into poker ethics etc.

If you seek out people that aren't so bright to play with you shouldn't expect them to understand things that are clear to the thinking population.

[/ QUOTE ]

While there are some offenses where i might agree with your thought here this isn't one of them. o me this offense is so self evident that any player who violates it can't claim that they thought it was allowed. To me it is impossible to not understand this. I know players who claim to believe it is legal, or claim they didn't know it was illegal, but I don't believe them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta disagree with you here. Some people just don't know. They see Norman Chad on TV saying "they are just going to check it down to knock the player out" and think it's something that can be agreed upon. Had this happen in a game I was in, went all in, 2 players called and one asked the other if they could just check it down. After the hand (which I won) I made a comment, something like "would appreciate no collusion next time guys." and they were geniunely suprised, "that's not collusion, I see it all the time on TV" - it is confusing the way the WSOP shows portray it. I explained to them that "you never see two players agree to check down on TV, they just do it. Talking about what you are going to do in a hand, to work against another player is collusion." Hasn't been done since in my game.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, I think the hands should be killed, but it can be an honest mistake.