View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Trouble accepting moving down

I am a little confused. You had a large BR until you withdrew it because of the uncertainty surrounding online poker. Now are you saying you have just spent it all and therefore you only have a $200 BR. If that is the case then proper BR management at appropriate levels is obviously needed even if you do get frustrated.

However, if you still have a larger BR (albeit that you havn't re-deposited online) then your true BR is much higher and you can play higher limits if you are prepared to re-deposit if you lose the initial $200.

I think people get distracted when they have an amount online in that they say "well therefore that is my BR". However, if you can and will re-deposit your actual poker BR could well be higher.

Yes, I know we don't like re-depositing but if this is artificially making you drop buy-ins then your mind set is not going to be right. We all have different levels where we can play optimum poker. Playing too high makes you worry about the money and playing too low means you don't worry enough. Either way you are not playing your best.