View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Re: value betting rivers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PJ

In short, you value bet the hell out of the calling stations on all streets, even the river. Holding just top pair, you tend to bet a little less than with two pair/set.

[/ QUOTE ]

So far, I'm trying to avoid linking my bet size to the strength of my hand, thinking it's easy to pick up on for villains.

Am I giving them too much credit (think NL25/50/100)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, it's not easy to avoid though. Most people aren't that good at these levels to exploit this - if they were that good, they should be playing higher - they're more interested in how good their hand is vs your range (and that's the better players). Combine that with so many multitabling, it's not that big a deal.

In addition, you sometimes slightly underbet what you really want to bet to keep weak players in, and you probably do this enough to break up the pattern.

Otherwise use some randomisation method to mix it up 20/80 or thereabouts (ie bet what you want 80%, the opposite 20%)

What I should have clarified here is you shouldn't be looking to build the pot to be a standard stacking with this (ie a flop/turn/river PSB>PSB>PSB). Instead a 2/3PSB, 1/2PSB, 1/2 or less PSB is fine.