View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Pushing Equity Edges In PLO8

BBart I totally agree...He played this hand like [censored] IMO because I think he was steaming from me drawing out and scooping him at another table about 15 minutes earlier...I personally wouldn't even push top set here because you know that you are gonna be a dog on the flop to a wrap...And if I 3-bet here I would certainly not do it "instantly"...

I agree with you about the big money being made from big mistakes...I've only been at this cash game stuff in PLO8 for about 15 months now, so as a former NLHE SNG donk pushing a 51:49 edge might not be preferable depending on the stage of the tourney...But reading some stuff here and in NL forums, in cash games if you are adequately rolled for a game, you should be willing to push edges that are greater than 50.x%, where the 'x' would be what number you would have to win to at least beat the rake...It's high variance, but if you run those trials to infinity you'll come out a winner...But you also have to take into consideration your opponents hand ranges when pushing...While you might be an x:x favorite on THAT PARTICULAR hand, you might be a dog versus your opponents range...